I did try out Azure payable services using MSDN credits. But after several hours my account was disabled. When I login in Azure portal (old or new, doesn’t matter) I see this information message: “Your subscription has been disabled as it has no credit remaining. Remove spending limit”.
Last year I have finished my MCPD certification on “Windows Developer 4”. This year I want to achieve MCPD on “Windows Azure Developer”. To get the certification I only need to pass one exam: 70-583 Designing and Developing Windows Azure Applications.
- On exam page you will find links to preparation resources. Official self-paced training “Learning Plan for Designing and Developing Windows Azure Applications” is little bit outdated. Information provided is from years 2010-1011. BUT, this is an old exam, so you don’t need to know latest & greatest from Azure. Strangely, link is not working if I am singed in with Microsft live.
- On this site you will find some more links which helped other people to prepare for the exam : http://consultingblogs.emc.com/iralustman/archive/2011/12/20/70-583-amp-ndash-windows-azure-exam.aspx
- One more guy sharing his preparation material: “Top Five resources to help you prepare for 70 583 Designing and Developing Windows Azure Applications“.
- Useful discussions in MSDN forum “Looking for Exam 70-583 material“.
- Probably too new for the exam, but very extensive material: “Learn Windows Azure with these free Microsoft Virtual Academy courses online“.
Of course, exam is not everything what you need to know to become a good Azure developer. I also recommend to follow latest news on Azure on Channel9.